Saturday, July 16, 2005

We're baaaaack!

Visiting Amsterdam again! This time it is just Jeff, Jagger and I. My mom was generous enough to come down from PA to stay with Justice and Journey. Of course we're both regretting that decision, just as I thought we would ;) Jeff asked me (on the plane on the way here), how old a child has to be to fly by themselves. I didn't understand why he was asking until later when he said we should have brought the other two guys! Nope, they're not gonna do a 6 hour flight by themselves!

Jagger is missing his brothers like crazy. Yes, they fight A LOT, but boy do they keep him entertained!

Jagger is convinced that we came to the "wrong Amsterdam"! I think he thought we were going to stay in the same house we were in last time. I tried to explain it to him, but he didn't get it. That was a big place for 5 people for 5 weeks! We will only be here for 10 days this time and there are only three of us. We rented an apartment through a hotel we stayed with the first time we came as a family. It's a nice place - overlooks a canal with a nice size living room, a small kitchen, and a big bedroom. The bathroom is rather large for European standards. We're on the top floor so we have a nice view of the canal and street and we also have windows in the ceiling. I would call them "skylights", but they are more like windows that you can open (with a long metal screw bar that you crank). Jagger was thrilled when a pigeon feather floated into the living room awhile ago!

When Jagger was tired last night he kept telling us that he wanted to go home to the "real world!" No, I don't think he wants to star in any MTV reality TV productions. The kid was just tired and missed his brothers and wanted to go home! He's also obsessed with Six Flags ever since we went to their Hurrican Harbor water park a few weeks ago. He's still talking about going back and now he wants to go to Six Flags Amsterdam! We're hoping to take a trip to Scheveningen, a beach resort along the North Sea sometime this week, so maybe that will satisfy him for awhile. I can't image what the water temp will be like though. This kid was swimming on the tropical beaches of Turks and Caicos a few months ago......

I realized awhile ago that I forgot to bring the cord that connects my digital camera to my computer, so I'll have to wait until we get home to upload pictures, darn it!!!

0 comments: