Monday, March 07, 2005

Madame Tussad's

Today (Monday) we took the kids to the wax museum! It was a lot of fun! And since the first 10 minutes or so detailed the history of Holland we can count it as an educational field trip and include it in our homeschool portfolios.

Jagger was pretty scared at first because it was dark and there were scary figures and strange noises, but he really warmed up when we started seeing the rock star and celebrity wax figures. They looked so real that it was amazing! When we first went in they took a family portrait of us with James Bond! The kids thought it was pretty cool. I thought it was going to be one of those things where they take the picture and then you have to buy it at the end. I was surprised that they gave us 4 5x7 copies free!

After the museum we hung out in Dam Square for a little while. Justice loves to play with the pigeons! He is able to get them to sit on his hand when he feeds them. He wants to go back again tomorrow to play with them. There were some street performers in the square and the merry-go-round and ice skating rink were still there.

Then we went to dinner at Oriental City. It is a Chinese restaurant near the apartment that we stayed in last time we visited Amsterdam. Jeff and Justice have been there a few times and now I know why! The food was really good! I had a plate with beef and fresh vegetables, and some yummy baked chinese buns with a chicken and scallop filling. Jeff had beef noodles and stuffed mushrooms. Justice had the shrimp fried rice. Jagger had the kid's meal with chicken, french fries, smoked sausage, and fried apples dumplings. Guess what Journey had? Tomato soup! This was the oriental version with soy sauce, rice noodles and chicken bits. I really love the fact that the kids are willing to try so many different things!

I'll try to upload the photos tonight and get them posted. Jagger loved posing with the different characters in the museum - Journey had fun too. Justice was camera shy for some reason. I think most of the pictures are self-explanatory. Let me know if you have any questions!

And I'd love it for all of you to leave a comment sometime - I'd love to know who is reading and the kids would too! They love for me to read the blog to them and look at the pictures. They would get a kick out of knowing who is enjoying reading about our adventures!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jenn I have been reading daily. I am enjoying your trip. Do you think the boys would enjoy sending post cards to my daycare crew?? They are totally into maps right now and I could show them where you are and any places in Europe you may visit.

Anonymous said...

Jenn,
I have been reading daily too. It is great to hear about all your travels and what fun you all have been having. Keep it up!!!

Anonymous said...

We're reading too! Everyday Dillon wants to know if Miss Jenn has written anymore on her "waffles book"! Lucas loves the pics, he keeps saying "there my Jagger, there my Journey, etc", and wants to know why "his Lily" isn't there. :) Is the snow gone yet?

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenn...
I have been reading too and am really enjoying seeing Amsterdam through your eyes. What a wonderful experience for the boys! Hope you continue to have a great time.

Anonymous said...

Jenn, I am reading about your adventures in Amsterdam daily and am really enjoying learning about the city through your experiences. I would have loved to have seen the wax musuem and the Chinese restaurant sounds yummy! Looking forward to reading more about your trip.

Jennifer said...

Michelle - send me your address grayjk@comcast.net. My kids would love to send you all some postcards!

Thanks for answering everyone! The kids love it!