Monday, March 21, 2005

A mouse in the house

Mom, stop reading right now. You don't want to hear this. Seriously.

A few nights ago the kids were watching TV in the master bedroom and told us that they saw a "big rat" run across the room. We moved furniture and found nothing. Probably a shadow, right?

The next night Jeff moved the trash can and a little mouse ran across the floor. Jeff didn't have the heart (or a weapon) to kill the little thing.

So tonight Journey called me in to my room to say that he heard something digging in the trash can. I moved the trash and a little mouse FLEW out of the trash and ran under my bed!

It is now somewhere around 1am and Jeff and Justice have been mouse hunting for hours. They have these large, bright colored golf umbrellas with pointy ends and they are moving furniture. Jeff now says he saw a larger mouse (or maybe the small mouse with a big shadow?) and Justice just saw the little mouse run upstairs. He brought me an umbrella to protect myself ;)

And I just jumped out of my chair (and almost out of my skin) when I thought I felt a rat on my foot - it turned out to be a piece of hair!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you should give him and name... He just knew the boys were without a pet for a few weeks and wanted to keep them company :)

I use to have mice as pets when I was a child. I saved them from my grandfather, he was a pharmacis and the poor little things were used to test the meds his company made :(

Anonymous said...

Well....I DID read it!! And I have never been so happy NOT to be with you!!!
Forget the "umbrellas". What does Jeff think he's going to do - STAB IT??
I feel sick!!!

Anonymous said...

At least you have Justice!!
I still feel sick - ohhhh.