Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Shopping

I just love this little Tibetian store near Spuii square (near the house we rented for 5 weeks). The store has some of the neatest things. I'm a big fabric junkie - love the textures and colors and this store has so many neat bags, purses, coinpurses, tops and coats. I could spend forever in there!

When we were here in July, Jagger and I were in a bookstore and performed a very graceful stunt - I squatted down to look at a book on the bottom shelf and my knee got caught in my purse strap! I stumbled and fumbled and the strap ended up breaking. So I went over to the Tibetian store and paid E10 for a really cute brown purse that I have carried since then.

So yesterday I was telling Jeff that I wanted to stop by that store and then a few minutes later I was zippingmy purse shut and the zipper broke! I did NOT do it on purpose - I SWEAR!! I can fix it but I'll have to buy a new zipper and I'll need my sewing machine. I can't walk around a major tourist area with my purse hanging open (pickpockets!) so I went over to the Tibetian store and got a new one!

This one is really cute too and I love the style of it. I'm already planning on creating a pattern from it and making some myself. The style of it is too cute not to!

The guy at the Tibetian store remembered me from last time! He only charged me E8 instead of E10 for the new bag because they had been hanging in front of the store (they hang them outside for display) and was a little wet from the rain.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds really neat! Show us a pic!!! I love shopping in all those stores. :)

Lynda (daltonjosh)

Anonymous said...

If its not strollers...its purses!!! That's MY daughter. I taught her well...!!