Tuesday, November 22, 2005

The Stroller Post

You knew it was coming - I can't come to Amsterdam without doing some serious stroller-watching!

Bugaboos seem to be losing their popularity! I can't believe the number of QUinny Buzz's I've seen! Lots of Koelestras too. I LOVE the loooks of the Easy Walker, but the price tag is just toooooo high! We saw a tan Stokke Explory today - just looks ridiculous to me! And of course we have seen lots of old Gracos (one with an older child standing IN the basket) and Top Marks.

So what did I bring? Good question! I really wanted to bring the purple Baby Jogger Twinkle that I picked up for $20. I love the suspension on it and could it gliding over the cobblestones. It's narrow enough for tight areas too. But since it doesn't have a canopy and a rain cover is essential here it just wasn't practical. The fold would have been too big for the shuttles and when we're eating out too.

So I brought along our PURPLE Maclaren Triumph! The seat was the light blue allure color and Jagger and I died to a neat swirly purpley tie dye. Kind of cute! I added a black canopy and drink holder and it looks pretty cool! (Jagger is in a major purple phase right now!)

However......when we got off the plane there was a major downpour. I don't know how long the stroller sat outside while we waited for them to bring it in, but it was SOAKED!! Jagger had just woken up and he totally freaked out because he didn't want to sit in a wet stroller. Journey offered his coat and Jagger sat on that in the wet stroller. I felt bad for the people who had an infant with them. They had a Graco stroller and a Snugride infant carrier. I can't believe that they didn't bring the carrier on the plane or at least put some sort of cover over it - but they didn't and it sat in the rain too.

The airlines ended up cutting a slice into one of the foam handle grips on our Mac and the new canopy is broken. It still functions but the plastic strip that is inside the hood to help it keep it's form is cracked in one spot so the canopy kind of slumps at the back. Not a good enough excuse to get a new stroller, but still darn frustrating!

I'm going to try to get to the PreNatal store tomorrow and then the Baby Anco Plaza (where they have TONS of Teutonias) on Thursday.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jagger is almost 4 now. Time to let him walk some....(You "stroller junkie"!!!)